Saturday, April 10, 2010

Julie and Julia

Today I am very sick, and can't apply my brain to very little, so I haven't done any research or read today.  I have, however, watched a delightful little movie called Julie and Julia.  It was just like our blogrimages!  It's the story of Julia Child and also the story of a young woman named Julie who takes one year to make all of the recipes in Julia Child's cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and she blogs about it everyday.  It was inspiring, but also made me disappointed in my lack of dedication to this project.  Well, after this 30 days, I'm definitely not going to stop blogging, and I'm definitely not going to stop making the business plan for my business.

Many times in my life, when I set out to do something, if I can't accomplish it exactly the way I plan to, I simply give up.  I'm seeing now that is just an excuse to not finish, and in the end hurts me more than just finishing what I set out to do, even if I don't accomplish it the way I thought I would.  Can anyone else relate with this?

Peace of Schmidt:  Go see Julie and Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Joe, I can totally relate to the giving up thing.
    I loved that movie. Can you imagine a YEAR-long blogrimage? crazy. Honestly, 27 days has been a challenge. Finding time to blog everyday is HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hits to close to home, now you made me uncomfortable and I'm never coming back to this blog! :P

    ReplyDelete